After entering the 21st century, the portable electronic device market has shown an explosive rise. Lithium-ion batteries are widely used in various electronic appliances, power tools, and electric transportation tools due to their excellent characteristics, and become an important energy supply carrier.
In this case, everyone’s life is inseparable from lithium-ion batteries. Laptops, tablets, smart phones, digital cameras, mobile power supplies, Bluetooth speakers, etc., are everywhere in our lives. It is necessary to understand the knowledge of storage and maintenance of lithium-ion batteries.
1. [Preservation of Lithium Ion Battery]
1. The self-discharge of lithium primary battery is very low and can be stored for 3 years. It will be better if stored under refrigerated conditions. It is a good way to store lithium primary batteries in a cold place.
2. Lithium-ion batteries can be stored for more than half a year at 20°C. This is due to its low self-discharge rate and most of the capacity can be recovered.
3. The self-discharge phenomenon of lithium-ion batteries, if the battery voltage is kept below 3.6V for a long time, it will cause the battery to over-discharge and destroy the internal structure of the battery and reduce the battery life. Therefore, long-term storage of lithium-ion batteries should be recharged every 3-6 months, that is, charged to a voltage of 3.8-3.9V (the best storage voltage of lithium-ion batteries is about 3.85V), and it is not suitable to be fully charged.
4. The application temperature range of lithium-ion battery is very wide. It can still be used outdoors in winter in the north, but the capacity will be reduced a lot. If it is returned to room temperature, the capacity can be restored.
2. [Lithium-ion battery maintenance instructions]
1. When charging, it should not be higher than the maximum charging voltage, and when discharging it should not be lower than the minimum working voltage.
2. Lithium-ion batteries must be kept above the minimum operating voltage at any time.
Low voltage over-discharge or self-discharge reaction will cause the decomposition and destruction of lithium ion active materials, which may not necessarily be reduced.
3. Any form of overcharging of lithium-ion battery will cause serious damage to battery performance and even explosion.
Li-ion batteries must be prevented from overcharging during the charging process.
4. Don't often deep discharge and deep charge.
However, after about 30 charging cycles, the power detection chip will automatically perform a deep discharge and deep charge to accurately assess the battery's status.
5. Prevent high temperature, which may shorten the life span, or cause an explosion in severe cases. If possible, store in the refrigerator.
If the notebook computer is using AC power, please unplug the lithium-ion battery bar to avoid being affected by the heat generated by the computer.
6. Prevent freezing, but the freezing point of most lithium-ion battery electrolyte solutions is -40 ℃, which is not easy to freeze.
7. If it is not used for a long time, please store it with a charge of 40% to 60%. When the battery is too low, it may be over-discharged due to self-discharge.
8. Since lithium-ion batteries will naturally age when they are not in use, they should be purchased according to the actual quantity required, and not excessive purchases. Charge according to the standard time and procedure, even if it is the first three times;
When the mobile phone battery is too low prompt, you should try to start charging as soon as possible; the activation of the lithium-ion battery does not require special methods, the lithium-ion battery will be naturally activated during the normal use of the mobile phone. If you insist on using the circulated first three 12-hour long charge activation methods, it will actually not be effective. Therefore, all pursuits of 12-hour long charging and automatic shutdown of mobile phones with lithium-ion batteries are wrong. If you did something wrong in the past, please correct it in time, maybe it's not too late. Of course, when the quality of the protection and control circuits of the mobile phone and the charger are good, the protection of the lithium-ion battery is still quite guaranteed. Therefore, the understanding of the charging rules is the key point. In some cases, some concessions can be made. For example, if you find that your mobile phone must be charged before going to bed at night, you can also start charging before going to bed. The key to the problem is that you should understand what the correct approach is and don't deliberately follow the wrong statement.
To learn more about Li-ion batteries, please refer to https://www.junleepower.com/