How to choose the right lithium battery charger for electric vehicles?
Electric vehicles are composed of many parts. Among all the parts, the importance of the charger is self-evident. The lithium battery charger for electric vehicles is a charging device specially configured for the batteries of electric bicycles. The performance of the charger is good or bad. , which directly affects the service life of the lithium battery.
1. First, determine the battery voltage of your electric vehicle
If your electric vehicle battery voltage is 48V, the output voltage of the corresponding lithium battery charger is generally about 59V; if it is a 60V battery, the corresponding charger output voltage is generally 73.5V. When choosing a charger, the input voltage must be 220 volts, but the output voltage of the charger must be matched according to your battery, which must be accurately grasped.
2. Determine the output current of the charger according to the battery capacity AH of the electric vehicle battery
If the battery is 12AH, the output current of the charger is generally 1.8A. If it is a 20AH battery, the output current of the lithium battery charger for electric vehicles is generally 26 to 30AH. If it is a 30AH, 35AH, 60AH, 100AH battery, the output current of the selected charger should be slightly larger than your battery capacity.
3. Determine the positive and negative shape of the charger interface suitable for your electric vehicle
There are 4 kinds of common interfaces on the market, T-type prefix, three-vertical prefix, medium-horizontal prefix, and round-end, which must match your electric vehicle.
Fourth, be sure to choose a smart lithium battery charger
For non-smart chargers, when charging, they are generally charged with high current. After more than ten hours, the lithium battery will start to heat up. If it exceeds twenty hours, the battery may be bulged and scrapped. The smart charger starts with high-current charging. After it is fully charged, it starts to automatically change to trickle charging. It is just like cooking porridge with fire. At the beginning, in order to make the water as soon as possible, use a large fire first, and then change it to a small fire after the water is boiled. Boil slowly. The smart charger can effectively ensure that the lithium battery is in a safe state after being fully charged.
Precautions for the use of lithium battery chargers for electric vehicles
1. The charging voltage and current of the lithium battery charger should be the same as that of the electric vehicle. You cannot use a 5-cell charger to charge a 4-cell battery.
2. When charging, pay attention to the charging port of the battery first, and then the power plug.
3. When charging, the charger should display a red light. When fully charged, the green light turns on. If the charging port is plugged in and the green light is always on, you should find out the reason for not charging.
4. If it is not used for a long time, it should be fully charged, turn off the main switch under the seat and put it indoors or in a cool and dry place.
5. It is strictly forbidden to disassemble and repair the lithium battery charger without permission, because there is a high voltage inside and there is a risk of electric shock, especially in the case of wet hands.
6. Do not use charging beside items that are inflammable and explosive gases that are likely to cause fire.
7. When charging, the charger will emit heat. It should be used in a ventilated place as much as possible, and cannot be charged under the seat of an electric vehicle. It can not be carried with the car to prevent the charger from being damaged due to long-term bumps.
8. If the charger finds any abnormality during the charging process, unplug the power plug immediately and send it to the purchaser to find out the reason.
Correct charging and maintenance method of lithium battery for electric vehicle
1. Charge according to the standard time and procedure, even for the first three times.
2. When the lithium battery is too low during the driving of the electric vehicle, the lithium battery should be charged as soon as possible.
3. The activation of lithium battery electric vehicles does not require any special method, and the lithium battery will be activated naturally when the electric vehicle is running.
4. Use a special charger for the car to charge, first insert the output plug of the charger into the battery charging socket, then insert the charger plug into the mains socket, and observe the indicator light for charging determination (generally, the red light is on to indicate that it is charging, and the green light is on. Indicates that it is basically fully charged, the more discharged, the longer the charging time).
5. After the indicator light of the charger turns green, charge it for about 1-2 hours, and then the charging can be stopped.
Can the chargers of electric vehicle lead-acid batteries and lithium batteries be universal?
On the question of whether electric vehicle chargers are universal, many people have different opinions. According to the survey, 70% of netizens believe that electric vehicle chargers are universal, while 30% of netizens think that electric vehicle chargers are universal. The charger is not universal, and netizens insist on their own opinions. Can the electric vehicle lead-acid battery charger and the lithium battery charger be universal?
In fact, electric vehicle chargers are theoretically not universal. This is the same as the principle of mobile phone chargers. It mainly depends on whether the voltage and current are consistent. Generally, chargers of the same brand are more likely to be universal, but when using It is still necessary to check whether the voltage and current match when the battery is connected. Many users think that as long as they can be plugged in and the light can be turned on, they can be used. In fact, it is easy to charge the battery.
In order to ensure the charging safety of the lithium battery pack and ensure the service life of the battery pack, the lithium battery pack uses a matching special charger for lithium batteries. If the charger is lost or damaged, please buy it from the corresponding dealer. Do not use lead acid chargers or other forms of chargers for charging.
Since lead-acid battery chargers are generally set to two-stage or three-stage charging mode, the voltage levels of lithium batteries and lead-acid batteries do not match. There are many kinds of lithium batteries, and the battery performance and battery protection board parameters may be different. Therefore, lithium batteries do not have universal battery chargers like lead-acid batteries. Generally speaking, lithium batteries are equipped with special chargers when they leave the factory. In order to protect the lithium battery, a special charger is required. In order to prolong the life of the lithium battery, it is necessary to charge and discharge the lithium battery frequently. It is necessary to develop the habit of charging electric vehicles after using 80% of the electricity, and not to wait for the electricity to run out before charging. In addition, lithium batteries should not be stored for a long time. When charging the rechargeable battery of the electric vehicle, the electric door lock must be closed, and the battery cannot be turned upside down. When charging, it should be fully charged at one time, and should not be charged multiple times.
The above is a summary of how to correctly choose a suitable lithium battery charger for electric vehicles, and some questions about whether the charger can be used universally. Lithium batteries are now the first choice for electric vehicles. After lithium batteries are widely used in portable communication tools such as mobile phones, their green and environmental quality has been recognized. At the same time, compared with lead-acid batteries, lithium batteries are lighter and lead-acid batteries are relatively heavy. In terms of performance, lithium batteries also perform better.