What are the modular UPS power supplies? How to choose a modular UPS? Modular UPS technology is becoming more and more mature. Modular UPS power supplies are widely used in data solution centers, computer rooms, ISP service providers, telecommunications, finance, securities, transportation, taxation, and medical systems. Due to the technical difficulty of modular UPS and the high cost of R&D by manufacturers, the price is higher than that of traditional UPS.
What are the modular UPS power supplies?
Modular UPS power supply is composed of rack, UPS power module, static switch module, display communication module and battery pack. Modular UPS power supply adopts a drawer-type, high-intelligence multi-system modular design, online hot-swappable technology, real-time line replacement and online maintenance, reducing the difficulty of maintenance and implementing zero downtime work. Using N+X parallel redundant wireless technology, each module rack can be completely separated, which is convenient for users to expand or reduce capacity in the future, and is very convenient to use. In the inverter structure, the concept of "multi-level inverter" is preferentially used, which greatly reduces the loss of power devices and nearly doubles the output voltage high-order harmonics, thereby reducing the volume and increasing the power density.
In terms of design principles, the module itself is a UPS power supply, including rectifiers, static bypass switches and attached control circuits. The biggest advantage of modular UPS is that it can improve the reliability and availability of the system. The failure of one module will not affect the normal operation of other modules. Its hot pluggability can greatly shorten the installation and repair time of the system.
Modular UPS power supply can be configured according to current business needs, and more modules can be added in the future. The optimization capability of this system significantly reduces the total cost of ownership. The modular design provides great flexibility in reconfiguring power to meet changing business needs. When installing, upgrading, reconfiguring or moving the modular system, its independent components, standard interfaces and simple operation save time and money.
Types of modular UPS power supplies
1. Power modular UPS. It is composed of a rack and a power module. Among them, the power module includes the rectification, filtering, charging, inverter and other parts of the traditional UPS. However, if the static bypass and part of the monitoring and display of the system share the same rack, each power module is independently controlled and operated in parallel. The display control module on the upper part of the cabinet only serves as a user switch UPS host and a networked monitoring platform.
2. Fully modular UPS. It is composed of a rack and single modules. Each single module is equipped with the entire UPS power supply and control circuit, including the rectifier, inverter, static bypass switch and auxiliary control circuit, and CPU main control board. Each UPS module has an independent management display screen.
Compared with the current industry development, medium and high-power modular UPS power supplies generally use the first type, and low-power modular UPS power supplies generally use the second type. The common feature of the two types of UPS is that the power conversion part is independently controlled. And it can realize N+X parallel connection, so as to ensure the reliability of modular UPS.
Modular UPS, as an important equipment to ensure the stability and continuity of power supply, has been widely used in various fields. Compared with traditional tower machines, modular UPS has the following advantages:
1) Investment effectiveness: expand capacity as needed, saving initial investment;
2) Module redundancy and high reliability: avoid major power outage accidents;
3) Easy maintenance: online hot swap, simple and fast maintenance, no need to switch to bypass;
4) Energy saving and environmental protection: low pollution to the power grid, high efficiency and module dormancy technology to reduce energy waste.
How to choose a modular UPS?
In recent years, with the rapid development of technologies such as the Internet, cloud computing, mobile Internet, and the Internet of Things, the scale of data center systems has continued to increase, and the importance is getting higher and higher. Put forward higher requirements. As a key component of the data center power supply and distribution system, UPS undoubtedly needs to match this requirement. In this context, UPS modularity has become the consensus of the industry.
Faced with the overwhelming propaganda of many UPS manufacturers, as well as the different views of various technical schools. How to choose a suitable modular UPS and what kind of UPS is the real modular UPS is plagued by many UPS users. How to choose a modular UPS? Please take a look at the editor's thoughts, as follows:
1. Select the matched modular UPS power supply according to the power of the equipment. For example, the equipment that needs battery life is a computer (refer to 350W), and a 500va UPS can be configured. The selection method is; the equipment power divided by the UPS power factor 0.8 is equal to the matched UPS.
2. According to equipment power and delay requirements. Make a configuration plan. The longer the delay time, the greater the capacity or number of battery packs configured.
3. According to the condition of the equipment, the power environment and the power protection purpose that you want to achieve, you can choose a suitable UPS; for example, for low-power equipment with built-in switching power supplies, backup UPSs can generally be used, and should be selected in places with harsh electrical environments. Online UPS.
4. If there is still a large amount of load to be added in the future, it is recommended to choose a UPS with better expandability. For M series modular UPS, as long as the racks used for expansion are configured in the early stage, online expansion can be achieved, which is convenient and fast.
5. For the installation space, it is necessary to make measurements and arrangements in advance, taking the host, battery and necessary maintenance space into consideration.
The above is the analysis of modular UPS power supply selection. Choosing modular UPS can improve the energy efficiency of data centers. Modular UPS technology is becoming more and more mature. More and more users have or are considering using modular UPS to build new data centers. To cater to new user needs such as green, high efficiency, easy expansion and easy maintenance, JUNLEE has successively launched large-capacity modular UPS, and the status of traditional tower UPS is being challenged.To learn more about Li-ion batteries, please refer to https://www.junleepower.com/