The most taboo of the lead-acid battery is to charge the battery when the battery is completely discharged. In this case, the battery life will be greatly reduced. [Do not deep discharge multiple times. The so-called deep discharge refers to the undervoltage of the electric vehicle. After power failure, under voltage and power failure, it is absolutely impossible to continue to power on and drive. The intermittent discharge of the electric vehicle battery will most damage the battery. If you encounter an electric vehicle under voltage and power failure during driving, it is best to get off the vehicle, turn off the electric door lock, and drive the cart. Hope to help you!
1. Charge when the battery indicator shows the remaining one-third of the battery.
2. The charging environment should be kept dry and tidy, and the charger should not be wrapped in plastic bags or plastic bottles, because the charger is easily burned when it is unable to breathe.
3. Try not to use fast charging, if not necessary, no more than twice in a month.
4. Place the charger in a fixed place, don't bump it, even if you carry it, you must fully consider the malfunction caused by bumps.
5. Use the standard charger to charge.
1. The most ideal charging time is when 60% to 80% of the battery's power is consumed.
2. Use and charge frequently.
1. Lead-acid batteries have no time and amount of charge for the first charge, and they can be charged and discharged at any time without causing plate memory.
2. It should be noted that over-discharge and over-charge are absolutely not allowed. Over-charging is a process in the chemical workshop, which will cause the metal layer of the grid to become thinner and easily break the grid. Excessive discharge will cause the electrode plate to vulcanize and the active sponge structure to fail. To shorten the life of the plate, lead-acid batteries should pay attention to the specific gravity of the electrolyte and the height of the liquid level, and there should be no shortage of liquid.
3. When lead-acid batteries are used in cars, they are charged and discharged at any time. The gauge of the battery on the old Jiefang truck is a pointer ammeter, and you can see whether it is charging or discharging at any time, especially the headlights. When the high beam is fully turned on, the power supply of the generator is insufficient, and the speed of the generator is low when it is decelerated, which means that part of the battery is used. Therefore, charging and discharging will automatically switch dozens of times every night, no effect, no need to be like NiMH The battery must be fully charged like that. ,
4. The battery/battery is the power source of the electric bicycle, and it is also a kind of consumable, and the price is relatively high. Therefore, keeping the battery in good working condition and prolonging its service life is very important in terms of environmental protection or economy. Practical value. The following are some maintenance methods of the battery:
Newly purchased electric vehicles should be fully charged before use. Because many electric vehicles have been stored in stores for several months, or even more than half a year, they must be fully charged before use. It is best not to use them immediately after being fully charged. They need to be left for about ten minutes.
Remove the battery for charging. When installing, install the battery on the electric bicycle firmly to prevent the battery from being damaged by vibration during riding. Do not drop, roll over, or press the battery during transportation.
Frequently remove dust and dirt on the battery cover, and pay attention to keeping the battery dry and clean to prevent the battery from discharging itself.
5. Never leave the battery in a state of insufficient power for a long time, and develop a good habit of charging the battery every night. Temporarily unnecessary, it should be fully charged, placed in a cool and dry place, and charged regularly (usually 10 days)
When the electric bicycle is just started, use the pedal (the way you can push the ground without a pedal) to assist in starting. When going uphill, use the pedal to help the electric bicycle go uphill to avoid excessive discharge current and damage the battery.
When riding, pay attention not to over-discharge the battery. After the battery is discharged to the termination voltage, the continued discharge is called over-discharge. Over-discharge can easily cause a serious loss of battery power, thereby greatly shortening its service life. Therefore, when using the battery, you should try to avoid deep discharge, and do shallow discharge and frequent charging. Generally, it is best to charge the battery once when the depth of discharge is 50%.
6. Electric bicycles are generally equipped with undervoltage protection function. When only one indicator light on the battery level indicator is on, the power should be turned off, the pedal should be used, and the battery should be charged as quickly as possible to avoid over-discharge of the battery.
When the battery is discharged to the final voltage, the internal resistance is large, and the electrolyte concentration is very thin, especially the plate hole and surface are almost neutral. The internal resistance tends to heat up during over-discharge, and the volume expands. When the discharge current is large, it heats up obviously. Even heat deformation occurs. At this time, the lead sulfate concentration is particularly high, and the possibility of survival of the crystal branch short circuit increases. Moreover, at this time, lead sulfate will crystallize into larger particles, which will form irreversible sulfation, which will further increase the internal resistance and restore the charge. The ability is so poor that it can't even be repaired.
When the battery is in use, it should prevent over-discharge, and take effective measures of "under-voltage protection". In addition, because the “undervoltage protection” of electric vehicles is controlled by the controller, but some other equipment outside the controller, such as voltmeters, indicator lights and other power-consuming appliances, are directly powered by the battery, and the power supply is generally not controlled by the controller. The electric vehicle lock switch starts to use electricity as soon as it is closed. Although the current is small, overdischarge will occur if it is discharged for a long time for 1-2 weeks. Therefore, do not open the lock for a long time, and turn it off immediately when not in use.
7. To prevent overcharging, stop charging when the charger shows that it is full. It can’t be charged overnight or even several days. Overcharging will cause the active material of the plate to harden and fall off, and cause water loss and battery deformation. The storage battery runs in high-temperature seasons, and there is mainly a problem of overcharging. Therefore, in summer, the battery temperature should be reduced as much as possible to ensure good heat dissipation, to prevent charging immediately after exposure to the hot sun, and to stay away from heat sources.
To prevent overcharging, in addition, the charger parameters should be selected to be well matched with the battery, and the operating conditions of the battery in the high temperature season and the changes during the entire service life should be fully understood. Do not place the battery in an overheated environment during use, especially away from heat sources when charging. After the battery is heated, cooling measures should be taken, and the battery can be charged only when the temperature of the battery returns to normal. The location of the storage battery should be as good as possible to ensure good heat dissipation. If overheating is found, stop charging and check the charger and storage battery. When the battery discharge depth is shallow or the ambient temperature is high, the charging time should be shortened.
8. Prevent temporary power loss, which will vulcanize the electrode plate. Under low temperature conditions, charging mainly has the problems of poor charging acceptance and lack of charging, which causes battery power loss. In low temperature, heat preservation and antifreeze measures should be taken, especially when charging should be placed in a warm environment, which helps to ensure sufficient electricity, prevent irreversible sulfation, and prolong the service life of the battery.
To prevent short circuits, special care should be taken when installing or using the tools. The tools used should be insulated. When wiring, electrical appliances other than the battery should be connected first. After inspection, there is no short circuit. Finally, the battery should be connected. The wiring specifications should be well insulated to prevent overlap. Rupture caused by pressure. It is forbidden to use the battery short circuit method to detect the charging status of the battery to prevent the explosion and cause casualties
When the battery is in a short-circuit state, its short-circuit current can reach hundreds of amperes. The stronger the short-circuit contact, the greater the short-circuit current. Therefore, all connections will generate a lot of heat, and the thinner links will generate more heat, which will melt the connection and cause a short circuit. Explosive gas or explosive gas collected during charging may occur locally in the battery. Sparks will occur when the connection is fused, which will cause the battery to explode; if the battery is short-circuited for a short time or the current is not particularly large, the connection may not be fused , But the short circuit will still cause overheating, which will damage the adhesive around the connecting strip, leaving it with hidden dangers such as liquid leakage. Therefore, the battery must not be short-circuited. Be especially careful when installing or using it. The tools used should be insulated. The electrical appliances other than the battery should be connected first, and there is no short-circuit after inspection. Finally, the battery should be connected. The wiring specifications should be Good insulation to prevent rupture caused by overlapping pressure.
Prevent the battery from discharging with high current for a long time, which will greatly damage the internal structure of the battery. It is recommended that the vehicle owner should not start more than 5 seconds each time. Two consecutive starts are required, with an interval of 1015 seconds.
Avoid exposure to the sun. Exposure to the sun will increase the temperature of the battery and increase the activity of the active materials in the battery, which will affect the service life of the battery.
The discharged battery should be recharged in time, and should not be left for more than 12 hours.
JUNLEE Group is an integrated full power energy factory that specializes in Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS), Lead-Acid Battery, Battery pack, EV battery, Energy Storage Battery, Energy storage power station, Power pack Gel battery, PV Inverter and Solar system.
Production capacity reach 200000 KVaH per month. Products apply to Electric vehicles,electric mobility, solar & wind energy storage system, UPS, backup power, telecommunication, medical equipment and lighting.
JUNLEE sets up "Power research center" with more High-tech products.More than 100 engineers provided in-time and efficient one-stop solutions.
They mission strives to bring green power to the world.
To learn more about Li-ion batteries, please refer to https://www.junleepower.com/